Saturday 2 October 2021

I love coffee, I love tea....

 I love a Java Jive and it loves me....

Those old enough to remember the song may well be humming along now. 

Today I have used another piece of the hand made paper I made the other week. 


This time it is paper made with coffee grounds added to the pulp. As well as a creamy coffee colour,  the paper has a subtle scent of coffee too, so naturally I had to make a coffee themed card with it. I thought my old Cuttlebug swirls folder would be perfect for a background, although wasn't sure it would work with the paper, but it did. I swiped an inkpad over the raised surface to emphasise the swirls. The paper was bigger than the embossing folder, but I didn't want harsh cut edges so I revived the old trick from when we all were Mulberry paper mad, back in the 1990s, and ran a wet paintbrush along the line where I wanted the paper cut, then very gently teased the paper apart along the wet line. 

I stamped and coloured the image, using alcohol markers, fussy cut it and added the stamped sentiment. 

I am sharing this with 

Allsorts Challenge - I love.... (Stamping, embossing, colouring, "I love coffee") 

Make My Monday - embossing (either kind) 






8 comments:

Pauline C said...

Stunning card Jane ... love the pretty stamp and embossing. Thanks for joining the Allsorts Challenge this week
Hugs
Pauline x

Crafting Queen said...

Wonderful card, love it. Anesha

Linby said...

Was that the Manhattan Transfer who sang it?
What a fab card and with your own paper - a wonderful design all together.
Thanks so much for joining in with my theme this week at Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x

brenda said...

I don't remember that one Jane, but I imagine I might be old enough to especially if Lynn does!! Great card anyhow, many thanks for charing a crafty 'I Love....' with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Wendy L said...

A lovely card Jane, thanks for joining us at the Allsorts challenge, xxx

Dawn Phillips said...

fabulous card. I love the pretty coffee cup. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

Cazro said...

What a great idea! I love the vintage grungy background with the neat tidy floral addition in front. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday. We look forward to seeing you visit us again. Caz. DT. Take care. x

Maria Valente said...

This is so beautiful! Thank you for playing along at Make My Monday challenge.