Thursday 18 July 2019

An Impossible Card

I think this is only the second time I've mad an Impossible Card. They fascinate me - despite having a very mathematical mind and knowing how they work, they still look completely impossible when they are finished!




The background is made on watercolour card with red and green distress inks which are much darker than they appear on the photo - I think it must be the contrast with the black, making them look almost pink and yellow. . I stamped the moth images onto part of it - they are beautiful old stamps from The Stamp Man, I kept the leaflet that came with them and it is dated 2003. I've just checked their website and they don't seem to stock Aspects of Design, which was their own range, any more so this stamp set is probably no longer available, a pity as it is gorgeous.

I stamped random tiny dragonflies over the rest of the inked card to use as a background.

I am sharing this with The Butterfly Challenge where I am claiming all 7 elements - BINGO!

6 comments:

Sherri Thacker said...

I love this Jane and need to make more of these myself. They always amaze me :).

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the colours.

Dotty Jo said...

Oooooo, looks complicated! Gorgeous, Jo x

Liz said...

Impossible cards fascinate me too, Jane. Great card and congratulations on including all seven elements for the Butterfly Challenge! xx

Mrs A. said...

Beautiful. I love the inked background and that stamp is gorgeous. Wonderful use of all seven elements. Thankyou for coming and spining the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Dawn Phillips said...

I've never tried one of these. I can't work it out. Love Dawn x