Monday 15 July 2019

Get the fizz ready!

What would a celebration be without champagne?


The bottle, glass and bubbles were stamped with a set of stamps that came with a magazine a few years ago. The bottle is fussy cut and the glass cut with the matching die. I remember thinking when I got the mag "How odd that they've included a die for the glass, it's just as simple a shape as the bottle". However I tried fussy cutting a glass - just once. If you have the same stamps and are thinking the same, good luck with cutting that glass stem!

The sentiment is stamped with a very, very old Hot Off The Press stamp that was part of the very first kit I bought from QVC. I started shopping with them when my daughter was doing a project about TV shopping for part of her 6th form media studies course, and she's just celebrated her 40th birthday, so you can imagine how old it must be!

I am sharing this with

Cardz 4 Galz - Party time - celebrate! 

Less is More - Celebrations

7 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card I do have that stamp set and definitely not tried fussy cutting the glass lol-thanks for the reminder I also have that HOTP stamp set bought from QVC too!
Carol x

Dawn Phillips said...

Awesome CAS design. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Kathyk said...

Cracking card, Jane, love the font of your sentiment too

Kathyk

Michelle W said...

Perfect card for our Celebrations challenge! Thanks for joining us at Less is More.

Linda Handford said...

Love this clean & simple card. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz

Lynda said...

Congratulations on being one of the Top 3 Winners at Cardz4Galz with this card, Jane. I agree with cutting out glass stems - not as easy as it first appears, is it? And the sentiment font is great too. :) Lynda DT

Nonni said...

Very fun CAS card for celebration, the images are perfect! Thank you for joining us at Less Is More!