Wednesday 24 July 2019

Off the Edge at Back to Basics

It's time for our new challenge at Back to Basics  and this time we would like to see "off the edge" stamping, ie some of your stamping should run off the edge of your card.



For my card I  followed one of the projects in the book "Simply Beautiful Rubber Stamping" by Kathy Seaverns, a book I have owned for several years and is a really useful resource for techniques and project ideas. I started with a 27cm x 9cm piece of white card  then used double sided maple and oak leaf stamps from Just 4 Fun to stamp the leaves and veins around the card, overlapping the edges. The stamps are red rubber on wood, which means a stamp positioner is needed to ensure the veins line up with the leaves. This made the stamping pretty time consuming, so when I had a disaster while punching the holes for the ribbon, trapping the lower left hand side of the card in the opposite side of the Cropadile, I decided to carry on regardless despite the hole in my work. I just won't be able to send the card to anybody now.

After stamping the leaves, I added a few dragonflies then scored the card into three 9cm x 9cm squares. and the end panels diagonally making sure the diagonal scores were parallel to each other.  I punched ribbon holes in the two long folded diagonal edges  then threaded ribbon through to close the card. Finally I matted it onto two toning pieces of card.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to Stamps and More - anything goes 

4 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card!

Lucille K said...

Wonderful card, Jane. Love the colors and design of your card :)

foleysfriend said...

Beautiful card and super creative card shape with all the folding. Sorry to hear about the mishap. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Peanut said...

What a lovely interactive card, Jane! Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
x Asha