Thursday 11 July 2019

Butterflies, Buttons, Brads and Bows

I've recently been sent a gift of some lovely earrings and I thought it would be fun to make my thank-you card in colours to match the earrings.


The stamp I have used is an old Stampington & Company one called Elegant Butterfly. I stamped it twice, in light and dark purple,  then cut out the light purple one and sponged the darker purple around the edges. Then I cut out just the butterfly from the dark purple and attached it over the light one with 3D adhesive.

I've added a stamped sentiment, a button, ribbon, bows and brads from my stash and paper from what was probably the very first 12x12 paper pack I bought, it must be close to 25 years old!

I am sharing this with

Fab'n'Funky - the colour purple 

Sweet Stampin' - Add a button 

Use Your Stuff - Birds, bees or butterflies 

Make my Monday - Thank you 

8 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Such a beautiful card Jane.

Sue xx

Debbie Mageed said...

Love this pretty monochromatic thank you card! Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday and hope you can join us again soon.

Chris said...

your monochromatic butterfly card is beautiful, lovely idea to match the colours to the gift. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Mrs A. said...

This is really pretty. I love how all the different purples blend so well. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful monochrome card love the B.paper and butterfly button
carol x

meg said...

beautiful card in shades of purple, thanks for joining in at MMM

Sammy said...

So lovely, and in my favourite colour too! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Dawn Phillips said...

What a pretty card Jane. Love Dawn x