Saturday 13 July 2019

Broad Bean Season

The latest challenge at Twofers is Garden and as you know, our garden is very much a vegetable garden. The broad beans have been magnificent this year - the plants are now over but the fridge is still full of delicious beans, so my cards this time are a tribute to Broad Bean Season.



The stamp set I've used is the hero Arts "Stamp your own salad" set. Funny, isn't it, how when you buy a set of stamps you fall totally in love with each one, but then some of them hang around, seldom or never seeing ink, and others get used so often you're practically on first name terms with them? This set definitely falls into the latter category for me.

One odd thing I've noticed though - broad beans actually grow pointing upwards, like a bunch of fingers pointing up to the sky, yet if I stamp these beans the "right" way up, they look completely wrong. If you don't believe me try standing on your head and looking at the photos...

OK, are you the right way up again? Blood rushed to your head? Well, here they are individually.


I randomly stamped the broad beans and some sketchy tomatoes all over to create a background  then stamped the sentiment to create a friendship card.


A border of beans, a sentiment and some candi make a very CAS "missing you" card.

Naturally I am sharing these cards at Twofers 


And i am also sharing the second card with Allsorts challenge - Clean and simple 

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous cards and such a fun idea to use the broad bean stamp. Love your creative idea and yes it does look wrong the 'right' way up! x.....Stunning cards, both of them x

Darnell said...

Oh, wow, wish I were your neighbor, Jane! Your two designs are a great tribute to your veggie garden and your abundant crop of broad beans this year! I'll have to take your word for which way is up on the beans. The last time I stood on my head, I was in a crib! I love how you created your own pp with the beans and tomatoes for your punny friendship card and I'm equally enchanted by your line of beans on a layered panel for your CASlicious and punny missing you card! Those three gingham buttons make the perfect punctuation! Thank you so much for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

Kathleen said...

Super fun cards, great images and design. Thank you for joining our 'CAS' challenge this week at Allsorts.

Kath x

brenda said...

These are such fun cards Jane and yes the Broad Beans have been good this year, thanks so much for joining in with our CAS theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Cat Craig said...

Jane, what a wonderfully colorful background you've created for your sentiment with the beans and tomatoes. Your clean card with the bean panel is set off with another wonderfully punny sentiment. Its been years since I saw and thought about candi's---I know I have loads of them somewhere...Thanks for the reminder and for playing along with Twofer Card Challenge #18.

Linby said...

Great designs. Thanks so much for sharing your CAS card with us at Allsorts challenge.
Lynn x
DT

Cath Wilson said...

H'mm, I love broad beans, but haven't had any for years...maybe I ought to.
Your cards are absolutely brilliant, particularly the CAS one - perfectly designed and beautifully made.
Cath x

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, you're so right about how we use or don't use our stamps. It's funny how it doesn't always work out the way I would think, too. I love veggie stamps and you made these into two colorful and cute cards! The sentiments make all the difference with veggie stamps. Flowers seem to go with any sentiment, but you need something more specific or punny for veggies. These are perfect! Thank you so much for sharing your two distinctly different cards with us at Twofer!

Dawn Phillips said...

Blurgh, broad beans are the only veg I won't eat. I love the cards though so I'll let you off. Love Dawn x

JD/ Jill said...

I really like your two card designs and it makes me wish I had these stamps. My daughter is a Vegan, and loves green beans. These stamps would make perfect cards for her.