Wednesday 24 July 2019

Purple pansy

Pansies fascinate me - they come in so many colours, many of them look as if they are made of velvet. So it's rather surprising that although I've had this stamp for many, many years I've only used it once before.


The stamp is so old that I can't remember where it came from but I have a feeling it was one of those postal "stamp of the month" clubs that was popular about 15 years ago.

I used the Misti to position a border stamp to make a frame around the card and added die cuts using bits from my snippets box and a few pieces of  candi to finish it off.

I am sharing this with

Retro Rubber - Purple, yellow and green 

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge 357 

Uniko Studios - Flowers & optional die cuts 

Stamping Sensations - The Earth laughs in flowers

13 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love the frame you created for your Pansies, you colored them beautifully, I specially love the scripted background, the font is gorgeous, wish I could write like that, LOL!!
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

Jan Clothier said...

Such a pretty image! The scripted background is fabulous - did you mask it or is it part of the stamp, I wonder? Pretty framing to bring out the colours too. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

Jane Willis said...

It's all one stamp - I think masking all those stems and tendrils would be a Herculean task!

Jane said...

Adore your purple pansy! Well I would wouldn't I! The combo of purple and the dear little faces of a pansy is just perfect. Thanks for playing at Uniko, hope to see you join in with future challenges too

brenda said...

A lovely colour palette Jane and your Pansy is coloured beautifully, thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations July challenge.

B x

Dawn Phillips said...

It's beautiful. My granddad used to plant pansies in the allotment. It was so odd as everything else was fruit or veg. Love Dawn x

Lynne K said...

I love pansies, and purple, so this ticks all the boxes for me, Jane! Beautiful card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

Lynne

creative lady said...

Pretty card, love the coloring on your flower. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Di said...

Never give up on the oldies - a lesson here for sure! What a lovely stamp and a great result as well. You captured the pansy colour so beautifully!!

Sorry I'm late commenting - blame Dudley Dog :)

Hugs

Di xx

Julie B said...

Oldies are goodies, love pansies too!
Thanks for sharing at Uniko. :)

Beverley said...

Beautiful. Love how you have framed the design with the die cut leaves, very creative. Thanks so much for joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Linda said...

This is so pretty, your pansies are beautiful. Thank you for playing along with the Uniko challenge xx