Thursday 11 July 2019

Sparkly reindeer

It's really hot, muggy and humid here in Hampshire, so I'be been cooling off by making a Christmas card.


I wanted to add lots of festive sparkle yet make it suitable for a boy - I think by keeping the overall look of the card simple I've achieved that.

First i made the background by stamping a snowflake randomly in Versamark ink then embossing with hologram powder to add a hint of sparkle.

Then i stamped the reindeer and cut and embossed it with this oval Spellbinders die  that always makes me think of snowballs surrounding the image. Keeping the diecut in the die, I inked around the edge with an aqua ink and a beige one blended randomly. I coloured with Promarkers and Stickles then attached it to the card and finished the "snowballs" with gems.

I am sharing this with

Jingle Belles - tic, tac, toe  (I've used stamping/diecuts/bling)

The Male Room - Christmas in July 

Little Red Wagon - It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love this, Jane! Jo x

crafty-stamper said...

Love the cute image and beautiful bling frame
Carol x

SmilynStef said...

what a fun way to frame that adorable pair ... so very glad you joined us for our game of Tic-Tac-Toe at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooh how i LOVE that image and you've colored it so beautifully. actually the whole card is perfection! i love every single thing about this! thanks for joining our tic-tac-toe fun at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

Kate said...

So cute! The image is darling and I love the way you've framed it!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Dawn Phillips said...

I think this is just perfect. I love the blending and the sparkle and the cute reindeer. Everything about it is fabulous. Love Dawn x

Wei said...

Such a cute card. Love.how you framed the reindeer. Thanks for playing along with us at The Male Room. Looking forward to seeing your creative projects in the future galleries again.

Monika Skinner said...

Very Cute reindeer, love the sparkling snowflakes! Cute and fun Christmas card! Thanks so much for playing along at The Male Room Craft Challenge. Good Luck!