Friday 5 July 2019

Butterfly circle

This circle die from Marianne Creatables is one of the very first dies I ever bought and has seen years of service - and I still love it.  It's  perfect for creating shaped cards as the scallops are spaced so that it is easy to angle the circle to make it stable when standing.


I used it to create a hinged card, cutting the front from a deep burgundy cardstock (it looks even deeper in the photo, my camera really doesn't like dark colours). I've decorated it with some pretty patterned paper, a strip of patterned border that was part of a prize in a previous Butterfly Challenge, a wooden sentiment, a butterfly sequin and a sweet little wooden flower with a faux pokerwork butterfly image.

There's a story to the pokerwork embellishment - I was shopping in Camberley one day when there was a sudden cloudburst and I ran into the nearest shop, one of those cut price stores that sells everything from plastic flowers to washing up liquid, and spotted a small display of craft supplies. In among them was a pack of these wooden flowers and butterflies, and I couldn't resist. In fact I loved them so much I went back the next week to buy more - but the shop had closed. It must have been one of those places like Narnia that only appears when you aren't looking for it!

Anyway, stop rambling Jane and get sharing!

Naturally I'm sharing with the Butterfly Challenge where I'm claiming just the Hinged card element this fortnight.

I am also sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge

4 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Love your story about the embellishments. It is my motto now to buy when I see something and not leave it that it will still be there when I return coz nine times out of ten it isn’t. Love your hinged card. So nice to see winnings being shown on a card. Not thought of using that trim as a banner either. Lightbulb moment going off here!!! Hugs. Mrs A.

Mrs A. said...

Oopsy. Forgot to say thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great when you have a die that actually earns its keep.As for the shop definitely in the right place at the right time
carol x

sweet art designs said...

I will use your sentiment to describe your card- beautiful. Thank you for showing us your patterned papers at Crafty Hazel Nut's Patterned Paper Monthly Challenge - Myrna DT