Sunday 2 August 2015

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

"Oh the weather outside is frightful...."

Well, it may be the middle of summer but here in Hampshire we've certainly been able to say that a lot recently! And that makes me think of the song "Let it snow" which I've used as the inspiration for my latest Christmas card.

The snowflake paper is a snippet of DCWV paper left over from last year's Christmas makes, and I found a snippet of matching plain card to stamp  and emboss the snowflake border on to.

The words were stamped in white and embossed in a pastel blue embossing powder that I've had for years. Now I don't know whether there is something wrong with the stamp, or whether the powder has gone "stale", but it only seems to have stuck to the outer edge of the letters, giving a delicate outlined effect. I rather like it, but I suspect that if I try to replicate it, it won't work a second time for me!

I've added tiny gems to the snowflakes on the border and some full-on bling in the form of crystal snowflakes which I got from The Handcrafted Card Company.


I'm entering the following challenges:
Winter Wonderland - Christmas Carols/Songs
Christmas Cards All Year round - Snowflakes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Two of something (the crystal snowflakes)  
Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 188
Allsorts Challenge - Pearls and gems
Shopping Our Stash- Diamonds are a girl's best friend  

10 comments:

Eve said...

Hi again Jane!
so glad to see you back in the playground with another stunning card.
Wow - you have combined lot's of snippets here to create a fabulous card. I did giggle to myself about trying to re-create a 'happy accident' !!
Love that bling too!!
Eve xx

Rosina said...

Very nice Christmas card Jane, pretty colors and great fun with the snowflakes
Greetings and a nice day
guest designer
Rosina
http://rosina-scrapcards.blogspot.com

Sarn said...

Fab festive snippety card. xxx

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR August challenge - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, CCAYR design teamm thanks also for sharing for my CHNC challenge 240 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for August - I'd love to see it there too. x

mags said...

A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Winter Wonderland.
Mags
x

Jessi Fogan said...

That is a neat effect! It reminds me of those metallic pens (haven't seen them since I was a kid) that would write in silver/gold and have a different coloured outline. Very cool. (ha, no pun intended). So glad you came to play with us at SOS!

Donna said...

Glad I am not the only one who likes making Christmas cards in the heat of summer :)
Thanks for bringing the bling and for joining the crew at Shopping Our Stash for our "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend" challenge!

susiestacey said...

Lovely card, l like the crystal snowflakes.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'pearls & gems' challenge and good luck x Susan x

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful card, Jane. Love the colour, great use of snippets, and those crystal snowflakes are gorgeous. Elizabeth xx

Mummylade said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.