Wednesday 25 September 2019

The Christmas Tower of Kitties

Yes, I know, I know, two Christmas cards in one day. Well let me remind you that it's exactly three months today ....

I was wanting to make a card for the challenge at Christmas Kickstart, where the theme is "It's a gift", but when I lifted out what I think is the only stamp I have of a wrapped gift, it had a nasty gash across it  that completely ruined the image. Then I remembered that on this cats-in-boxes stamp  the boxes are actually GIFT boxes.


Nowadays there are several multi lingual people in my family (sadly I don't count myself as one of them, except when it comes to reading menus!) so this embossing folder, with festive greetings in 9 different languages, is perfect  for me. I think it's a Crafters Companion one - I'm no good at keeping records of my craft stuff.

I embossed heavy white paper (to give a crisper impression than card) then gently swiped a gold Delicata ink pad over the tops of the letters, and finally spritzed the while thing with gold mica powder in water.

The image is from AAA&Create and is coloured with Promarkers and glitter glue, with the cats coloured to match the various ones my Mum has owned  over the years. I added it with 3D adhesive so as not to squash the embossing. The sparkly glitter card mat is a piece of Lidl bargain card.

I am sharing this with

Fab 'n' Funky - Christmas 
Christmas Kickstart - It's a Gift 
Passion for Promarkers - Christmas in September  
Shopping our Stash - Dream the Embossible Dream (don't you just love that title?)

16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love those cats! How clever to see the boxes as Christmas gifts. I love the embossing too, and am similarly smitten with the challenge title (wish I'd thought of that) as it's hilarious! Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Jo x

Liz said...

Love the fun image, Jane. Super card. xx

Dawn Phillips said...

Lovely card Jane. I think I may need that stamp. Love Dawn x

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh Jane, this is THE perfect image for the challenge! I love your bright colours, enhanced with glittery touches and those pusscats are utterly adorable! Dream the Embossible dream gave me a proper chuckle too!

Chris said...

Lovely embossed background and the cutest, colourful image, a fabulous creation Jane.
Thanks for playing along at Fab'n' Funky this week.
Chris
x

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous image-love the tower of kitties and pressies and great embossed background too
Carol x

Crafting Queen said...

Love this card, great image.

Swissie said...

This image really fits for cat lovers like me! Great!
Hugs, Liv

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!!, this image looks a lot like my Christmas Tree for the past couple of years, the only difference is that it's only ONE kitten doing all of this mischief, LOL!!
Love it, love it so much, so colorful and fun, the embossing folder is fabulous too.
Thank you for playing with us at SHOPPING OUR STASH.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute image, so far so good with my one cat but we are on to the second Christmas, might be different. Love that embossing folder, great use of the gold, fab. colouring too. Thanks for having the embossable dream with us at Shopping Our Stash.

Sherri Thacker said...

Oh Jane. I love all the kitties with the Christmas gifts. So cute!! Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Kickstart this week.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just adore all the kitties - so darling!! Depicts cats perfectly and I love how you colored them! So fun atop the embossed background!!

Pat said...

Beautiful embossed background and lovely image with gorgeous colours, thanks for sharing at Fab’n’Funky.

Pat xx

Ella's Design said...

Great Christmas card using that fun All & Create kitty image! Fab embossing and lots of lovely sparkle...coz you can never have too much, especially at Christmas!
Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Promarkers this week! Lisa x

Aunty Sue said...

Fabulous card love the embossing and thanks for sharing at Passion for Promarkers this week

Donna said...

Super cute!
Love the pressies!
Thanks so much for dreaming the embossible dream with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!