Thursday 5 September 2019

Two Turtle Doves

I love this turtle dove stamp that came with an issue of Creative Stamping  either last Christmas or the one before.


I've teamed it with words from the same set - stamped around the edge of the card using a platform to make sure they line up precisely - and a holly corner stamp, also from the same set. I coloured everything with Promarkers,  being careful NOT to blend them to create a stylised effect that I think works well with these stamps, and then cut them out with a narrow border and used the very thinnest size of foam pads to add just a hint of dimension.

I think this would be a lovely card to send to a couple spending their first Christmas together.

I am sharing with

Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark 
Jingle Belles - 12 Days of Christmas 
Little Red Wagon - Nice and Clean 
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - anything goes with a creature

6 comments:

Swissie said...

Wow! That is a wonderful card, Jane! Great coloring!
Hugs, Liv (Swissie)

JanR said...

Wonderful card! I adore the symmetrical design! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

SmilynStef said...

love how the holly frames your sweet little birds ... so very glad you celebrated the 12 days of Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and love the design with the stamps
Carol x

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh... this is BEYOND awesome! those doves really are incredibly lovely and you've made them into such a brilliant card! so happy you helped us celebrate the 12 days of xmas at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Susan Renshaw said...

Cute turtle doves!
Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
Susan
Addicted to Stamps and More
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!