Sunday 19 July 2020

Frida!

Goodness, is it really almost a week since I last posted anything? My crafting mojo is still pretty much AWOL, but it's been returning in fits and starts over the last few days and I've managed to complete a couple of cards.

This one is made with another of the stamps from the beautiful Santoro crafting bundle I won recently.  Looking at the coordinating papers that came with the stamps, it appears the images are intended to be coloured in pretty, delicate colours, but as soon as I saw this stamp I thought of Frida Kahlo's vibrant self-portraits and had to try creating something in her style.


I stamped the image and some small flowers for a background, then coloured the whole thing with Promarkers.  The eyebrows and lips were rather too dainty for Kahlo, so I enlarged them and added bold colour. I stamped  the sentiment on separate card, heat embossed it with a lemon pearl powder and cut it into a tab.

I am sharing this with

Allsorts Challenge - Flowers all over 

Inkspirational - Painting or Colouring 


Daring Cardmakers - Frida Kahlo 




7 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovley bright colours in your card. Hope your mojo comes back soon.

Pia S said...

Love your choice of cheerful, vibrant colors for this image. It’s a really eye catching design. Thanks for joining our challenge at Inkspirational.

Dawn Phillips said...

Nailed it. This is fabulous. Love Dawn x

Mervi said...

Very striking card.

Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Dawn said...

So happy that you have found your crafting mojo, this is stunning. Thanks for joining in at the Daring Cardmakers. xxx

Mummylade said...

Such vibrant colours! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

Svenja said...

Perfect take on the Frida Kahlo theme! I absolutely need that stamp... :-)