Tuesday 16 June 2015

Fathers Day at Cardz 4 Guyz

This weekend it will be Fathers Day in the UK and USA (why can't we have Fathers Day and Mothers Day on the same day all over the world? It would make things so much easier!) so over at Cardz 4 Guyz we're looking for Fathers Day cards.

Although it's 15 years since my own father passed away, I still feel sad at this time of year, seeing all the cards in shops and all the promotions in the media, so this is the very first Fathers Day card I have made since he died.

The stamp set I used is a miniature Studio G set - I liked the way the words were arranged on their backing sheet, so I recreated the arrangement, slightly more widely spaced to keep the words distinct, on an acrylic block. My block is printed with a grid, which helped me to position them accurately. If I'd not had a gridded block, I would have placed it over a sheet of squared paper to align the words.

I then stamped it using the lighter end of a Caribbean sea Kaleidacolor pad, and found a tiny snippet of matching card to layer it with. A little faux stitching and some Candi and my CAS Fathers day card was complete.


 
I'm joining in with
 
Pixie's Snippets Playground weeks 181/182 
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge - Make it Male  
Little Claire's Challenge - Fathers day 
 

9 comments:

Di said...

Great card Jane - gosh you arranged those words perfectly and I do love the simplicity. Very elegant!

Di said...

Snigger, I forgot to add the usual.................Hugs

Di xx

Andrea W said...

Wonderful CAS take on the challenge Jane! So sorry for the loss of your father. It does make holidays difficult and especially the ones in their honour.

Sue - said...

I love this card - very elegant and clean.

Blossom Cards said...

lovely card thanks for sharing with SBBC Rachel dt

Carol L said...

I love this fun CAS card with the blue! It's a great tribute to your father, even if he can't be with you.

meg said...

Lovely C&S card

Julie B said...

I know what you mean, my Dad passed away nearly 17 years ago but I do remember the good times. He never would celbrate Father's Day as he said it was a scam by the card industry to make more money!
A lovely thoughtful CAS design. :)

Helen said...

A great CAS design, Jane - love it.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

Helen x