Sunday 28 June 2015

Inspired by an English Country Garden #6

I thought I'd finished this series of makes - and then at the weekend, Mark and I visited West Green House, near Hartley Wintney in Hampshire. The house isn't open to the public, but the gardens are, and National Trust members can go in without charge. As it's only a few miles from home, it's a very easy outing for us, and one we don't have to plan ahead for, instead taking advantage of any fine days when we're both at home.

Mark, of course, is in his element taking photographs whenever we visit a garden. And the gardens of West Green are a photographer's paradise - so many different styles, so many interesting features, and of course so many beautiful flowers, all crammed into a relatively small area.

Mark has written about the gardens in general here and about the flowers here. If you look at the first photo on the first of the two posts, you'll know immediately what inspired me to create this card:



The brickwork paper was printed out from the CD "The Best of La Pashe 2012" and the garden scene from Debbie Moore's "Shabby Chic Enchanted Garden" CD. I covered the front of an A5 card with the brickwork paper then die cut a circle in it. I sanded all the edges and then inked them lightly with Ancient Mahogany distress ink. I added adhesive to the back of the image  and lined it up behind the aperture to make sure exactly the part I wanted showed through, then closed the back of the card over it to stick it in place.

The front was simply decorated with trimmings from the Debbie Moore design sheet and leafy sprigs cut with Spellbinders "Sprigs". If I'd had a trailing ivy die, I'd have used that instead.

2 comments:

MaryH said...

What a lovely presentation of this so beautiful scene. The oval aperture into the 'brick wall' with the ivy leaves creeping over the opening, made a perfect frame for the lovely inside picture. Wonderful design, and such texture with the brick. So glad you had a pleasant outing in the lovely gardens. TFS & Hugs.

Monika Reeck said...

Oh woooowww
I love the opening on your card
I love the brick wall too
and looks so real
the inside so sweet
and love that leaves on your open front card
you made so adorable scene dear Jane
love love love this
see you soon maybe on my blog
I will do catch up now hope you like to visiting me again dear Jane..
hugs, Monika