Thursday 25 June 2015

Those magnificent men in their flying machines

Last weekend we went to the 60th birthday party of a friend. It was a fancy dress party, and our host dressed as Biggles. So when I decided to make a thank you card, I was delighted to find this super set of images in the Kanban Steampunk Themed Card Kit from Foil Play. Now Steampunk is a style that tends to be outside my comfort zone - it's a whole, complex genre that isn't limited to just craft - yet once I started playing with the die cuts, toppers and backgrounds, the inspiration simply kept on coming......


 





I am sharing these with:
The Male Room - Up in the Air (No birds)
Shopping Our Stash - For the boys

10 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely loving the steampunk vintage feel to these. Great masculine feel too.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Foil Play said...

Fab cards, Jane!

Liz said...

Super selection of cards, Jane! Steampunk would be out of my comfort zone too, but you've done a brilliant job. xx

Carol L said...

You nailed the steampunk theme perfectly in each one of these great cards! They're unique and such fun, perfectly detailed for gentlemen!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhh I love all your steampunk cards! Just perfect for the dudes! Thanks so much for playing along with the crew at Shopping Our Stash this week for our "For the Boys" challenge!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Just entirely fabulous! I know I struggle with steampunk - LOVE it but sometimes getting started is tough. You rocked it! Thanks for playing with us at Shopping our Stash!

lauren bergold said...

what a great set of guys cards, so intricate and detailed! fab take on our "for the boys" challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH as well! :)

Unknown said...

I love your Flying Machine cards and the gorgeous vintage style you have used. Great combination of colors and images. Thank you for sharing your cards with us at The Male Room.
Chris

Deborah Frings said...

I think your series of steampunk inspired cards are just brilliant. They are magnificent flying machines. Great work. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Rocky said...

Love this selection of cards.