Wednesday 24 June 2015

Simply Happy Birthday

I've been playing around with a set of docrafts border stamps I bought at the weekend, and I thought this pretty heart border was ideal for a very CAS card.

I masked off all but a strip of the front of a card and used Cut'n'Dry foam to sponge in the separate colours from a Kaleidacolor pad in "Birthstone". Then I used a fine liner pen to add definition to the edges of the strip and stamped the border down the centre using Versafine ink.

The pennants are from a stamp set I won in a recent challenge but I didn't keep the wrapper so I can't remember who they are made by. I stamped them with the first, third and fifth inks from the Birthstone pad, this time using the colours in reverse order from those in the main strip. The "Happy Birthday" greeting is an old stamp I bought at a show - in fact it's so old, that font was fashionable when I bought it! And I think the font, whatever it is called, is long overdue for a revival.

As a finishing touch I added a touch of holographic glitter glue to the open heats at the top and bottom of the border, although I don't know whether that will show up on the photos.


I'm playing along with

CAS on Sunday #61 - One Layer
Allsorts Challenge week 316 - Use a Stamp
Creative Card Crew #90 - CAS  

7 comments:

Wendy L said...

Fab card, lovely coloours, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Liz said...

I love the colours and design of this lovely CAS card. I can see the glitter on the hearts - a perfect finishing touch. xx

brenda said...

Great inking and stamping Jane, many thanks for joining in our stamping theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Zw@@n said...

Gorgeous card, Jane. Great colours and stamps and I really like that sentiment/font. Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Aluna said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew. Good luck, Joanna DT.

anja curvers said...

Great card love the colors.

anja curvers said...

I forgot to say; Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.