Wednesday 24 June 2015

Inspired by an English Country Garden #5

I am STILL drawing inspiration from our recent garden visits - coming to the end of the posts I'd planned now, although if the weather is fine we are planning more garden visits this weekend - so watch this space!


Of course there were roses everywhere, beautiful fragrant ones, and although the only photo I took of them was this pink rose arch, I was very taken with the number of yellow roses in all the gardens. I tend to think of the really fragrant ones as being pink or red, with others having been bred for colour rather than scent, but I was obviously wrong.

And the yellow roses brought to mind this set of papers and die cut decoupage that came as the cover mounted gift with an issue of docrafts magazine last summer. The lace was part of a RAK and the ribbon was salvaged from a bunch of flowers (well, today IS National Upcycling Day!) and as for the paper doiley - it came from a bulk pack I bought in the Chinese cash and carry!!! The butterfly is cut with a Spellbinders die - if you squint really hard you will see there is a second one underneath to give just a glimpse of yellow under the cream wings.



I'm sharing this card with

Butterfly Challenge #33 - F is for Flowers
Fan-tastic Tuesday - a Touch of Summer  
Sparkles Monthly Challenge - Vintage/Shabby Chic

8 comments:

Mrs A. said...

This is so pretty Jane. Love all the yellow. I can just see the double butterfly too. The lace is gorgeous. I have some really deep lace that I just can't bring myself to use so there is sits in my stash. Must get over this aversion to using all the pretty things up!. Thankyou for fluttering by #33. hugs Mrs A.

Liz said...

A lovely card vintage/shabby chic card, Jane. Lots of beautiful detail. Yellow roses always remnd me of my wedding bouquet (many years ago!) . xx

Desire Fourie said...

Wow Jane this is really just so beautiful with the yellow and blue. Adore the lace trimming and the dimension on the flowers. The bow is the perfect finishing touch too. I am also now your latest keen Follower via Google Friend Connect.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

KraftyKoolKat said...

So pretty. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges.

Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxxx

My Paper Cat said...

A great card and all the upcycled things certainly add their value. Thanks for playing at Butterfly Challenge #33. Glenda

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty image and card. Thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.

NickScrapShack said...

Such a pretty card! Love the pattern paper you used and it looks gorgoues with the lace and ribbon!

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge.
Nick

Cazro said...

A very pretty shabby chic card, I love the vibrant strong and beautiful yellow flowers. So pleased you joined us at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz