Tuesday 23 June 2015

Use a die or a punch at Cardz 4 Guyz

This week at Cardz 4 Guyz we'd like to see your creation featuring a die cut or punched shape. And don't forget to keep it masculine!

For my card, I've used dies from the Docrafts Build a Scene Nautical set, cut with my Grand Calibur.

First of all, I sponged light blue ink all over a white card for the background. Then I cut the waves from blue card, the whale from grey and the spout from white, all from my snippets box. I sponged white ink around the edges of the waves to look as if they were breaking into foam at their tops.

To make the whale look a bit more "Whaley" I sponged a little darker grey ink over his back and tail and a touch of white on his belly.

To make the cloud, I computer generated the sentiment and then hand cut it as I didn't have a suitable die.

When it was all assembled, I added clear Wink of Stella to the spout and a tiny but to the waves, although this doesn't really show in the photo. Finally, as the blue sea showed through the whale's eye, I coloured it in with a black gel pen to make it stand out more - I think it gives him a cheeky expression - and sketched in a few gulls with an ultra fine black pen.



I'm playing along with
 
Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS  
Oooh La La Creations - Happy Birthday 
Addicted to CAS - Splash!
Pixie's Snippets Playground - weeks 181/182   
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge - Something blue 
Cuttlebug Mania - Sentimental Journey 
Creative Card Crew - CAS
Inkspirational - Word Prompt Wild
 
 
 


 

 

 

 

14 comments:

Joan said...

Your card is beautifully done!! Love the soft colors!! Thanks for joining us at Ooh La La Creations!

Andrea W said...

Fun card Jane! I love the whale and waves.

Linda said...

Such a cute water scene with that adorable whale.

Lee-Anne said...

What a sweet card! Love those waves! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

Julie B said...

What a fab card Jane, great us eof dies and the bits box! :)

Nonni said...

Super cute! I really like the dies and the fun scene you've created. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

Sarn said...

Very nice indeed. xxx

Crafty Judith said...

Fab card love the blue and just right for out challenge at Suzy Bee's thank you for joining in and very good luck Judith DT x

Di said...

Hi Jane!

I was sure I'd commented on this great card - love the cheeky whale :)

Hugs

Di xx

Janice said...

Outstanding as always, I so love your cards. A perfect sentiment to complete a perfect card. Thanks for joining us at OohLaLa, Jx

Darnell said...

I really love this cheeky whale, Jane, and how you made him more "whaley!" Those waves are awesome!! Hugs, Darnell

Andreja said...

WoW What a great CAS card you made! The see scene is fantastic :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Lisbeth said...

hi
great card
thanks
for joining us at cuttle bug mania
hugs Lisbeth

Deepti said...

Wow! Gorgeous, the waves are amazing. Thank you for sharing with ATCAS