Sunday 28 June 2015

Feelin' hot, hot, hot!

Here in the UK, we are threatened with a serious heatwave later this week, with temperatures up in the mid 30s. Of course we are - it's the start of Wimbledon fortnight and that always brings with it torrential rain or abnormally hot weather. Or indeed both, in the form of a classic British summer, three fine days and a thunderstorm.

Anyway, this little chap looks set to make the most of it! The stamp I used for him is an old one I've had for years - I hardly ever use it as I'm a bit of a wimp about colouring, especially when it comes to skin and hair. I can't remember the brand - I think it's a French name - but the rubber is bright blue rather than the more usual red or grey. The sunshine is the cover stamp from an old issue of Craft Stamper. All the papers are from my snippets box and the "foam" at the edge of the sea is made with liquid pearls.

I really wanted to give him a bucket and spade, but had nothing suitable, so I turned a punched circle into a beach ball and used some embellishments from a RAK to make him indulge in that other great seaside tradition, stuffing one's face with junk food. Chips in one hand, candyfloss in the other, and hopefully a sick bag in the back of Mum's car for on the way home.....


I'm playing along with:

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Red Hot Summer
Make my Monday - Beach  
Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 183

8 comments:

Joan said...

Adorable image!!! I think your coloring is great and I love the food he's holding! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

Di said...

Wonderful colouring Jane and such a super card as an end result. I adore the dimension you added too!

Hugs

Di xx

Monika Reeck said...

eeeek he is soo soo cuutee
and he brought also fries and bon bon
oh so cuutee card you made Jan
I love the color and the scene and all on this card
a boy who get this card will love it much
I adore this card too Jane

Sarn said...

Brilliant sunshiney card. Phew, I feel hot just THINKING about the heatwave! xxx

Cass said...

Lovely summery card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Cass said...

Lovely summery card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Cass said...

Lovely summery card. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
Cass xx

Rachel said...

Sooooo cute....and I love the candy floss, such a fab idea!
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx