Saturday 27 February 2016

Glittering butterfly

Don't you HATE it when your photo comes out looking completely different from the original? Anything with any kind of glitter or sparkle seems to come out looking totally dull and flat, or a completely different colour, especially in the winter when there's seldom enough good natural light and you need to use flash.

So you're going to have to take my word for it, the glitter I used for this butterfly is exactly the same shade of purple as the card I've used for the inner layer! Anyway, the current Butterfly challenge is Glitter and/or Grape and this card ticks both boxes.

To make the card, I made an A6 green card blank and punched a pretty border along one edge, then stamped the sentiment using one of the gorgeous sentiment stamps I won in the Snippets Playground a couple of weeks ago.

I used a Spellbinders die to cut the butterfly from double sided adhesive sheet, peeled off the backing and stuck it to the card and then peeled off the front and scattered glitter over it, pressing it in well and then gently brushing off the excess. Finally I added an A6 sized panel pf purple card behind the front, sticking it just along the top edge to allow the front panel to hang loosely in front of it.




3 comments:

Barb said...

I love green Jane and I love your pretty card. Barbxx

Kath said...

A lovely card - a great combination of colours.
Kath x

Mrs A. said...

I can never get purple to photo properly either. The glitter is showing up perfectly. I love the CAS appeal of your card and it will be entered twice into the draw. Thankyou for fluttering by . Hugs Mrs A.