Thursday 31 March 2016

Pink pearls

The latest kit to be tackled in my decluttering is a Kanban one that I bought from QVC a good many years ago. It must actually be a very long time, because a big attraction for me was that it included lots of sheets of die cut nesting shapes in white, black and silver, which means it must have been before I got my first die cutting machine.

It also included several sheets of stamps, and although I use nearly all the stamps regularly, for some reason I've always stored them in the kit box. Actually I always thought it was a rather odd combo - most of the stamps don't really work with most of the shapes!

The die cut shapes are now down to the last few - those in peculiar shapes that don't seem to work with anything much, or odd sizes that are too big or too small to be any use, so I think I'm going to punch them out of the retaining cardstock and use them for die cutting smaller shapes of my own choice.

I will move the stamps into my normal storage boxes, arranged according to theme as I normally do. But first, an important task - just ONE of the stamp sheets was totally NBUS, still sealed in its cellophane pack. I couldn't file it away without letting it see ink, could I? So I whipped up this quick and CAS card using the swirls and flowers stamp and the large flower stamp, and finished it with a sentiment that was a magazine freebie.

The large flowers have had pink pearl centres added - these came out of the fab bargain bag that I bought at the Make It Show.


I am sharing this with

Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge - Use some pearls
Sweet Stampin Challenge - Swirls and Pearls
Creative Card Crew - Clean and simple  

5 comments:

Barb said...

Well it's a very eye catching card Jane. The colours are great and I like those pink pearls. Well done with your de-cluttering.

I couldn't say I'm de-cluttering because there is clutter everywhere in my space but I am using stuff up bit by bit! Barbxx

Cara said...

Nope, you certainly couldn't put those stamps away without using them, they are lovely. That's definitely a card that would bring a smile to your face. Cara x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Beautiful card Jane! I love flourishes and swirls! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Rachel said...

Really pretty card!
Thank you for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, this is a fabulous card, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'. Hope you can join today's new challenge too. Enjoy the weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit