Saturday 19 March 2016

Shoes at Twofers

As many of you have probably realised, I'm not the most girly of girls and I don't share the passion for crafting with shoe images that many people enjoy. In fact when Christi chose her topic for our new challenge at Twofers, I panicked and thought I had nothing suitable. But a rummage around my stash produced these die cut heels, the remnants of an ancient Kanban kit I bought from QVC,  a small shoe silhouette stamp and this super snarky sentiment from one of the wonderful Dylusions sets - this set is called "Say it how it is". I needed something to pull all the elements together, and I thought of this stamp, which I've hardly ever used, of two ladies sharing afternoon tea. Now, are they being really unkind to each other, or are they such good friends that one of them is teasing the other for giving the waiter a lascivious look?
 
To go with the die cut shoes, I used copper ink and embossing powder for all the stamping and then coloured in a few parts of the ladies' outfits by blending copper pearl pigment powder with a little water and painting it on with a fine brush.
 
Now why don't you pop over to Twofers and see what Christi and Zoe have created - and why not link up your own shoe themed creation too? You never know, you might win a prize of a $20 Alleystamps voucher.  Remember we only need to see one item, and there must be some stamping somewhere on it, and no digis. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share with us!
 

 


3 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Hiyaaaa Shoe theme..I must join...I love shoe card and yours look so winderful on this color...great shoe card Jane...may I join more than one time?I love this theme...hugs.
Monika

Pia S said...

I would never have thought you struggled with this theme, all you've added on here suits the theme perfectly and they go so well together. I find your themes quite challenging, in a fun way, they really make me rummage through all my stamps, and amazingly enough I always find something I can use. Sometimes I only have the one option, other times I find several that suit. Ive gotten to use some of my favorite stamps but also freebies and never used before ones. I love your challenge, it makes my use my stash and be creative with what've got.

Greta said...

Those die cut shoes are so gorgeous--I'd love to have a pair--not that I could walk in them--haha! Such a fun card--love the image of the friends & that snarky sentiment!