Monday 18 December 2017

Late to the party

The flamingo party that is. Last year you couldn't take three paces in Blogland without bumping into a flamingo or two, and I never joined in because I had nothing flamingo related.

Or so I thought.

Tucked away in an old tin in the box room I found a few unmounted stamps that I'd got in a grab bag years ago and set aside without using, and among them there was this fun flamingo. So to celebrate the fact that my shoulder is getting better and I can crank the handle of my  Grand Calibur again, I had to make a card!



The image is coloured in with Promarkers. I sponged a little blue ink to form a lake and as he's apparently just taking off, used a stencil (it's actually from a water lily design, but I masked off the flower) to add a little darker blue for ripples. The sentiment is from a Lawn Fawn mini set.

I am sharing this with

Less is More - birds/feathers
Fab'n'Funky - Anything but Christmas

10 comments:

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Jane, a super CAS design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Liz said...

Beautiful CAS card, Jane, great flamingo image. I wonder what crafting trends will be in store for us next year. Glad to hear your shoulder is showing signs of improvement. xx

Barb said...

He looks like a happy flamingo. A lovely card Jane. Glad to hear your shoulder is feeling better. Don't do too much cranking too soon though. Barbxx

Sue - said...

And what a lovely card it is Jane. I noticed that there a lot of flamingo toiletry bags etc in Redfields the other day. Don’t go overusing your shoulder. You should ask Santa for an electric diecutter! I can recommend Durham House chiropractor if your shoulder needs some help.

Kathyk said...

Super make, love a flamingo! Delighted to hear your should is improving

Kathyk

Susan said...

Love this upbeat card. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

Cardsbymaaike said...

super cas and great colors!

Cara said...

Great card, I love the water you added. I'm so pleased to hear that your shoulder is getting better. Hugs x

Nonni said...

This is CAS-iliscous! Love your cute flamingo, the faux stitched edge and all that white space. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a gorgeous CAS style! Love the image and sentiment. Lovely to see your card in our challenge this week. Beautifully coloured. Thanks for sharing it with us at Fab 'n' Funky. Hugs, Wends xoxo Fab 'n' Funky DT