Thursday 28 December 2017

Sorting out the Snippets Basket

My craft stuff is STILL packed away, and likely to be do for a few more days, but yesterday I was suffering from withdrawal symptoms so decided to sort out my snippets basket - at least that way I would get to stroke some paper! It had reached that overflowing stage that makes it almost impossible to find what I want, so I spend ages rummaging through it and it takes me longer to find the bits to make a card with than actually making the card itself. And all that rummaging makes some of the bits far too dog-eared to be any use even for tiny die cuts.

So I've been pretty ruthless and thrown away a lot of odds and ends, especially sheets printed out from CDs, where I've used the main image but the additional ones and embellishments are still left - they seem to hang around for months or years, usually until I'm looking for a bit of scrap paper or a shim, and just clutter the place up.

However a few of them just called out to be used along with some of the bits that had turned up  in the snippets basket, so here is a card I made using nothing but snippets, a paper trimmer, buttons and adhesive - everything else is still packed away.


Making this was very refreshing - it's reminded me that much as I love all my stuff - the dies, the inks, the stamps, the embellishments - that it's actually possible to really enjoy crafting using very little equipment at all.

The image and border are snippets from two separate design sheets printed from the Rachelle Anne Miller Collection CD and the turquoise is actually a lovely fine glitter card.

I am sharing this with

Pixie's Snippets Playground - I hope you've spotted that there is a wonderful giveaway going on there at the moment!
C.R.A.F.T. - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes

11 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How cute! Love this birthday card!

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, such a sweet image and great use of your snippets.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Unknown said...

Great card, love the colours and brilliant use of snippets
Hugs Kaz xx

Barbara Godden said...

Super cute card, awesome use of your snippets, I haven't touched anything since before Christmas and the fingers are getting itchy too. although mine is still out.

Di said...

This is terrific Jane - and refreshing to see such Spring/Summer colours as well. Such a darling image :)

I'm with you on the snippets sort out! I keep all my plain card snippets in one of those expanding organsisers with several pockets in. Sorted in colour families. The expanding file is much like I would use for sorting household paper work if you get what I mean? It's at the point where it's like a giant open concertina and no way could I ever wrap the elastic over to hold it closed so it sits and leers at me in a corner of my little craft room. And I dig around in it almost every day. I keep patterned papers in the back of the paper pad they belong to (in pockets made from envelopes. But, am in danger of being overwhelmed too so a sorting out is called for I think!

Hope you're feeling fine now and that the shoulder is behaving.

Hugs

Di xx

Cara said...

This is such a sweet card and I love the colours you used to mat and layer x

Liz said...

Super card, Jane, the colours are perfect to brighten up a day like today. I know what you mean about too many snippets, sometimes I feel like they are taking over my craft room! My crafty resolution for 2018 is go go through all my crafty stash and either 'use it or lose it'! Some things are YEARS old and I know I will never use them.
Wishing you a Happy, Healthy and Creative 2018. xx

@d_e_crafts said...

Really cute card. Thank you for joining the CRAFT challenge this week.

Rae Ann said...

Doesn't it feel good to put some of those scraps to use?! This card is so cute and a great way to use up that scrap stash.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

Brenda said...

Really cute, Jane! Love it when projects go together quickly turn out so nicely! Thanks so much for joining us this week at CRAFT Challenge!

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card thanks for sharing at Craft this week good luck and hope to see you very soon.