Sunday 31 December 2017

Rose Ring

Well, 2017 is drawing to a close - Happy New Year for 2018, everyone - so here is my final make of the year.


It is stamped with a very old Stampendous stamp - the date on the label is 1998 -  teamed with a brand new NBUS sentiment which was part of the November release bundle I won from Uniko, so it's a case of one of my oldest stamps meeting one of my newest.

I coloured the flowers with my brand new Prismacolor pencils (Thank you Santa!) - it's the first time I've ever had any "grown up" coloured pencils. Until now I've been using the old ones my daughters left here when they moved out, almost 20 years ago! I can see I need a lot more practise with blending and shading, but they really are a joy to work with after my old ones.

I am sharing this with Less is More where the theme this time is this sketch


I played around a lot with the placement of the sentiment but even when stamped on separate card, it looked all wrong overlapping the flower spray so I moved it to the middle of the circle.

I am also sharing with
Sweet Stampin' - Anything new  - the pencils and the sentiment
Inkspirational - Stamping only

7 comments:

cotnob said...

A pretty card Jane, such a lovely stamp.
Wishing you a Happy New Year.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cara said...

A perfect marriage of old and new! Enjoy playing with your new pencils, I'm still trying to get to grip with mine x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Totally elegant and pretty and a perfect CAS take on our sketch at Less is More.
Thanks for joining us and a very happy new year to you.

Trina P. said...

So pretty. The colours are fresh and bright and you’ve coloured it beautifully with your adult pencils. Thank you for joining us at Less is More.

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is a super card Jane. The arc of those florals are perfect for the sketch and your colours are so pretty too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Cara said...

Back with my DT hat on. This is still so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'. Cara DT x

Nonni said...

Great use of an old stamp and something NBUS! Using a wreath for this sketch is just perfect and I love the fresh, springy colors. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!