Saturday 1 December 2018

Fancy Folds at Sparkles Christmas

It's time for our new challenge at Sparkles Christmas and today it's my turn to choose - I've chosen the theme Fancy Folds.


To make my card, I folded an A4 sheet of card diagonally from corner to corner (if you have a standard scoring board it won't fit on it, so you'll need to use a l-o-n-g ruler - I used my old yardstick from dressmaking days) then folded the whole thing in half so the points  all lined up.
This fold produces two pockets, one on the outside and one on the inside, great for tucking tags or gift cards into, but because of how I wanted to position my sentiment I stuck the front and back of the outside pocket together so the front of the card lies flat.



The papers and sentiment were recent magazine freebies and I chose the corner one for the front inside panel because it has ruled lines, perfect for adding a personal message.

A tip when making a card like this is to make a second one from an identical sized sheet of scrap paper and cut along all the creases to use as a template for cutting all the papers.

I am sharing this with
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - December
 Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - stickers or Anything Goes

2 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Fabulous fold! This looks great.

Glad to see you at the Extra Challenge at Rudolph Days. Good luck in the draw.

Helen said...

A great design.

Thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope you can join us again in 2019!

Helen x
DT