Wednesday 12 December 2018

Resist technique at Back to Basics

For our latest challenge at Back to Basics we would like you to use a resist technique.  There are several different ways of doing this but they all boil down to adding ink to an image or sentiment created using a medium that resists the ink - wax, resist fluid, Versamark or, as I've used here, clear embossing.


I stamped the bold sentiment with Versamark ink and embossed with clear powder, then sponged bold bands of distress ink over to go with the boldness of the sentiment. I spritzed the background with water and some mica spray to give it a sheen you can't see in the photo but looks lovely in real life, and then polished with a tissue to remove all the ink and mica from the lettering so that it pops out from the background.

I'm sharing this with CAS Mix Up where the challenge is Emboss Resist  with mica spray being my extra technique, even though it doesn't show up very well in the photo!

11 comments:

meg said...

love the bold bright colours behind the main stamp Jane

Barbara Godden said...

What an awesome way to use that big sentiment. Super bold inks as well, fabulous card!!! I must check out the challenge blog it sounds like something I would like, it's been a while since I have done anything basic.

Donna Ellis said...

What a wonderful all-occasion card, Jane, and beautiful bright colors! hugs, de

crafty-stamper said...

Great technique love the embossed sentiment against the inked background
Carol x

Dawn Phillips said...

I wish I had your Knack with the resist technique. It looks lovely. I like the boldness. I was a bit timid with mine. Love Dawn x

Loll said...

Very pretty Jane! Love the bands of colour over your bold white sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

Fun tecnique and the vibrant colours look great. Love the bold sentiment too. Thank you for joining in the CAS mix up challenge X

Julia Aston said...

Love your bright colors and wonderful bold sentiment! thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up this month! xx

Bonnie said...

A beautiful bold background to go with the bold sentiment! This card just makes me feel happy, Jane! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful and bold background, great card

nancy littrell said...

Your heat embossed Big Sentiment and Emboss Resist technique made for a QCAS card with a pretty background. A fun card for many occasions. TFS Jane and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs..Nancy