Thursday 6 December 2018

Otterly sweet!

I made this card for a friend and now I know she has received it, I can share it with you all.
 

I've used stamps and dies from the Lawn Fawn "Year Five" set that I won in the Snippets Playground (goodness knows why they are called Year Five! Otterly crazy). The otter and parcel are stamped on a snippet of white card and I've used other snippets and dies to create the little scene. I coloured the sea otter with Promarkers and doing so made me very happy as it reminded me of a fun family tour of California we did when the girls were in their teens, when we took a trip around Monterey harbour to see the sea otters for which it is famous.

Naturally I am sharing this with the Snippets Playground  since without Di's lovely and generous challenges this card would never have been made!
I am also sharing at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies where, as always, the theme is anything goes if it includes a creature.

3 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Simple yet a sweet CAS card
Finally blogger has played ball and let me leave a comment some days I can others it just won’t play ball

*Vicki* said...

Awe! This is such a darling scene with the otter and his present fro your friend!! So cute! Thank you for sharing your creation for the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge this month! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Di said...

Oh Jane, this is adorable! So cute and I'm thrilled you used your new stamps and dies so quickly - and thanks for the lovely words too!

The 'Year Five' bit flummoxed me for ages as well but evetually i discovered that each anniversary of Lawn Fawn's beginning they produce a special set of stamps/dies and name it with the relevant year included. For instance, Year Seven is a Llama Pinata - really cute!

Hugs

Di xx