Wednesday 30 January 2019

A magic fairy door

A door so magical, in fact, that it's self-supporting and opens into a mysterious invisible fairyland portal..... Well, I forgot it would need a tree or something to open into, so that's my story. And since it is, of course, magic, it can work any way I want it to!


I used a selection of stamps - mostly magazine freebies - for this, masking the door and toadstools before stamping the wildflower border. The images are coloured with Promarkers  plus a white gel pen for the spots on the toadstools, or ammonita muscaria as my fungus fan of a husband would call them. You can't tell from the photo but the fairydust is highlighted with glitter - all you can see in the picture is that one or two of the sparkles are a bit paler where the glitter reflected the light.

I am sharing this with

Addicted to stamps and more - Anything Goes
Watercooler Wednesday - Anything Goes


10 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Really lovely card.

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Jane! Jo x

Karen Brown said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love your whimsical card! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday!

Heidi Weaver said...

Such a magical card, Jane! I love the longer size which really shows off the wildflowers and little faerie door. I wish that photos would show off the sparkle, but I can imagine how pretty it looks. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jane. Lovely to see a longer card, perfect for your beautiful, magical scene.

Macimbalo said...

So cute! Love the sentiment and the size of the card is awesome too! Thanks for linking up at ATSM!

Dawn Phillips said...

Obviously the fairy dust has made the tree magically disappear! Love Dawn x

Donna Scholz said...

Jane, such a cute card! A touch of fairy dust never hurt anyone :-D Great coloring on the door and toadstools. Clever to mask them for stamping the grass, too! Thank you for sharing your creativity with us once again at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! -Donna

Helen said...

This is such a super cute card, Jane! love the layout and colouring! I expect to see a fairy popping out of the door any minute! Thanks so much for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Inkyfingers said...

What an adorable card Jane! I love the magical fairy door and your masking skills created such a lovely scene.
Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.