Saturday 26 January 2019

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers challenge #126 - Valentine

Even Edna has her romantic moments, and with Valentine's day approaching, she's asked us to make Valentine cards for our challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers. Naturally, we'll all be very happy if you can add a helping of snark, but I'm sure we'll understand if you decide to go all soppy and romantic on us!



I dug out a very, very old stamp - I think I got it from Crafty Individuals but I've had it so long I can't really remember.


The image is the whole film strip and heart, but I wanted to make the heart a different colour, so I stamped the complete image onto scrap paper. Then I put the card into my stamping platform and positioned the stamp, cut out the heart from the scrap paper and used it to mask the heart on the image while inking up the rest of the rubber with black Memento ink.
I removed the mask and stamped the black areas, then cut out the remaining parts of the image on the scrap paper and used them to mask  everything but the heart, which I then inked and stamped with red Versafine ink.
I used clear embossing powder to heat emboss the heart which made it come out a lovely deep reddish-coral, not the dayglo orange of the photo, then used a Dylusions stamp to stamp the sentiment on paper the same shade as the embossing.

Now, how about popping over to share your Valentine's Day creation with us, you could be our next Queen or Princess of Snark.

I am sharing this with the Uniko challenge where the twist this month is Love.

11 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love this card, Jane! Aren't Mistis and stamping platforms the bizz, Jo x

Dawn Phillips said...

Fabulous card hun. Love Dawn x

Chris Dring said...

Fabulous card Jane! That is one hellofa kiss!

Donna said...

I love how you have popped the red on the image!
FAB sistah...simply FAB!!

Jane said...

Wonderful quote and fabulous grungy looking card. Love it! Thanks for playing at Uniko and hope to see you come back again soon.

Lindsey said...

That smooch makes me (want to gag) feel so romantic! :P Fab card.

Monika Reeck said...

Great idea of masking Jane
love this stamp image
and love the SO RED color of the heart
Adorable Valentine card Jane
hugs
Monika

Julie B said...

Great masking Jane, I thought it was an assemblage of different stamps.
Thanks for sharing at Uniko too. :)

Linda said...

Tbhis looks fab .... I love the pop of red. Thank you for playing along with the challenge xx

Wiebke Kommerell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wiebke Kommerell said...

Great sentiment! Love the clean and simple style of your card!
Thanks for sharing your creativity with us in the Uniko Challenge #51.
Greetings from Wiebke (Uniko-DT)