Wednesday 9 January 2019

Bokeh - a first attempt

When bokeh first appeared a few years ago it didn't really speak to me at all so I didn't attempt it. But it seems to be having a bit of a resurgence, with lots of online and magazine articles about it springing up, so I thought I'd have a go.

I tried to cut an acetate template but my Spellbinders dies and Grand Calibur  did nothing but dent the acetate so I ended up cutting it from card instead. Then I used a selection of distress inks to make a bokeh band across the middle of a white panel.


I stamped the sentiment and added a matching black mat.

I am sharing this with Make My Monday - use words or a sentiment

3 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great CAS card and Bokeh technique--great minds think alike just used this as background on my seahorse card-then covered the best bits up !!!
Carol x

Dawn Phillips said...

I think you made a lovely job of it. Thanks for joining us at Make my Monday. Love Dawn x

Sue - said...

It looks great Jane. Must admit I’ve not tried it either! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.