Tuesday 2 April 2019

Butterfly and roses

This is my first play with the cut-and-emboss folder that came with a recent issue of Papercraft Essentials.


I've not used a cut-and-emboss folder before and it wasn't supplied with any sandwich suggestions but I found that in the Grand Calibur my usual embossing folder sandwich of white plate - folder- Grand Raspberry plate did the trick. I used Core-dinations paper and lightly sanded the roses and the edges of the butterfly aperture.

The folder came with a matching stamp, which I used on the butterfly cut out, stamping and heat embossing in white. I mounted the whole thing over some contrasting pretty floral paper, cut to create a border around the embossed piece.

I am sharing at Just Us Girls where this week's challenge is Embossing Folders.

5 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card.

Mrs A. said...

Such a clever idea with the backing paper and love what you have done with the embossing older. Now how did I manage to miss this freebie! Hugs Mrs A.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Lucky girl to have snagged this awesome freebie! Beautiful creation! I love how you sanded the raised areas revealing that core. I love Core'dinations for that very reason. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Nancy said...

Love the sanding technique so much it adds such a unique feature to any card! Super card and so happy you joined us at Just Us Girls this week.

flossbite said...

Beautiful card, such a clever idea. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
Good luck!