Wednesday 24 April 2019

Dragonflies and water lily

It's only a couple of years since I got interested in using stencils, and I've built up quite a collection of lightweight plastic ones, so I'd almost forgotten about the brass stencils that I bought many years ago -  intended at the time for dry embossing over a light box.


Anyway, a little tin of brass stencils emerged from a cavern at the base of Mount Stash while I was looking for something else, so I just had to have a play, didn't I?  I chose this pretty dragonfly and water lily stencil and used finger daubers to apply inks through it onto a cream card base. I chose cream to keep the colours muted, but I think now I've resurrected this stencil I might try it again using stronger colours on white - heck, perhaps even a bit of glitter!

I am sharing this with

Less is More - Subtle Colours 


AAA Cards - along the edge

3 comments:

Jane said...

Awesome! Love the overall simplicity of this card, just perfect for our Along the Edge challenge. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too.

Kylie said...

Love how you found your stencils at the bottom of Mount Stash... LOL!! It's great to play with things that haven't seen the light of day for a while. Your card is perfectly CAS and the colours are very pretty and subtle. Thanks so much for playing along at Less Is More xx

Tracie Pond said...

Beautiful stenciled design. Works marvelous for the edge of a card. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie