Wednesday 10 April 2019

RECIPE: Baked plums with Glayva

What do do with that dusty unopened bottle of Glayva lurking at the back of the cupboard? I don't like wasting things, so I didn't want to go down the pour-it-away route. Then I picked up a bargain punnet of plums at the supermarket. As usual, too hard to eat raw, so I  decided to cook them with some of the Glayva.


They turned out to be delicious - the Glayva is now for keeping, I'll be making this many times more.

You will need

6 large plums
2 tablespoons syrup or honey (I used fruit syrup but Golden or Agave would work equally well)
4 tablespoons Glayva

Heat the oven to 180 C, 160 fan, 350F, gas mark 4

Quarter the plums and place skin side down in an ovenproof dish. Drizzle with the syrup and bake for 15 minutes, until the fruit is tender and the cut edges staring to brown. Pour over the Glayva and return to the oven for 5 minutes.

Eat hot or cold or, may favourite way, tepid, with ice cram, cream or clotted cream.

I'm going to try this with other fruits and drinks - cherries with Kirsch, apricots with Amaretto, and I wonder if oranges would work with Cointreau, or would they collapse? It's going to be fun trying!

1 comment:

Sherri Thacker said...

This looks so yummy!! I love plums but have never cooked them.