Thursday 21 September 2017

Big blue flower

I've discovered a serious flaw in my stash - I do not possess a light blue inkpad. However for this card I got round it by sponging blending ink onto my stamp.


The delicate result made it perfect to use as a background for the BIG BOLD sentiment which is from a stamp set I won in the Playground. I used the Misti to stamp it several times to make sure it was really REALLY bold. The flower, leaf and butterfly embellishments were just stamped once so that they don't fight the sentiment for attention.

I am sharing this with

The Flower Challenge - Tic Tac Toe - I have used the right hand column, sentiment/CAS/blue

CASology - BIG


Fab 'n ' funky - Floral Embellishments

Addicted to CAS - Florals
 

6 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card. I can't wait to see your card using the same dies.

Barb Ghig said...

Clever way to create your blue flower, Jane! Love the over-sized sentiment too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Susan said...

Terrific way to combine challenges...love your CAS design. Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Cara said...

Fabulous card, I see you managed without a light blue ink pad perfectly, but you might just need to get one and maybe a few other bits just to make sure!

Hannelie said...

A beautiful monochrome creation!
Thanks for joining us at Casology !

Cara said...

Back with my DT hat on, I still love this card and those tiny butterflies are fabulous! Sorry I'm so late visiting, thank you so much for joining us, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x