Thursday 28 September 2017

Proud peacock

I'm really giving the magazine freebies a hammering at the moment! I keep reminding myself that however good value they are, they're not a bargain unless I actually USE them. I have used the lovely peacock die once or twice, but never the coordinating border embossing folder.

Time to put that right.


I cut the peacock in gold mirri and the background in black, embossing the border along the top and bottom. I didn't notice until the panel was actually on the card that the border wasn't a regular repeating pattern, there's a sort of fleur de lys which must be the centre point of the folder, but I have rescued it by lining up the peacock's head with the top fleur de lys and its tail with the bottom one, so I can pretend that was deliberate!

I am sharing this with
CAS on Friday - Dies 
Crafty Creations Challenges - Anything Goes
Crafty Gals Corner - Anything Goes

10 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Super card, great save too, since you used a ef for the first time you can enter the NBUS challenge. http://www.djkardkreations.com/ It is on until the 4th and you can enter 3 times. There are prizes too.

Sue - said...

Great “deliberate mistake” Jane,

Jeanie Ellis - Scrapbookingmamaw said...

Great card! Great save, too! Thank you for joining us this week at
Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous peacock, it was one of my first dies, with your embossed card it makes a gorgeous card

cotnob said...

A super card Jane, such an elegant peacock.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Swissie said...

A great card! Wonderful colour combination. And the peacock is gorgeous!
Hugs, Liv (Swissie)

Unknown said...

Great card, the peacock is beautiful...what a great freebie !
Hugs Kaz xx

julie_woolston said...

Beautiful card Jane, the peacock is gorgeous.
Hugs Julie xxx

Cara said...

This looks so elegant in the black and gold. I didn't notice the difference in the border until you mentioned it x

Kleri said...

It's really great that you try to use your freebies!I should do the same!Thank you for taking part in our challenge this week at the Crafty Gals Corner!Hope you join us again next week!
Hugs
Kleri DT
http://craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/
http://kefartworx.co.uk/ (My blog)