Monday 11 September 2017

O Tannenbaum

O Tannenbaum O Tannenbaum

Oh Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree

and even The Red Flag

all are sung to the same tune, which is the one that inspired this card.


I made the background by stamping a Kanban music stamp over cream card (the Misti made lining it up to fill the card a doddle!) and lightly distressing the edges, then stamping the silhouette Christmas Tree over it. The sentiment came from an old Anna griffin kit.

I am sharing this with
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge  (I'm taking the Anything Goes route this time)
Glitter and Sparkle - Anything Goes
Jingle Belles - Inspired by any holiday song
Inkspirational - Photo inspiration


11 comments:

Barb said...

I love this card Jane. Great design and I love that tree stamp. Isn't the Misti great. I did my craft club demo today in half the time using my Misti. Barbxx

Janice said...

Another very clever card! Jx

SmilynStef said...

Love the silhouette over the music ... beautiful design ... so glad you went a' caroling with us at jingle belles.

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, simple but fabulous.

Cara said...

Such a stylish card, love the contrast of the contemporary tree on the vintage sheet music x

lauren bergold said...

oh what a beautiful card, i really adore this one! thanks for caroling along with us at JINGLE BELLES!

Lorraine said...

I really do love the black and cream combination. So striking and beautiful.

K M Meena Herale said...

Lovely, Thank you for Joining us at Glitter'N'Sparkle and waiting to see next time.

Hugs
Meena
Glitter'N'Sparkle DT

Linby said...

I love this so contemporary.

Kylie said...

I love that you took the Christmas option too for our photo! I love the background paper, die cut silhouette and sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along at Inkspirational xx

Nonni said...

Distressing the paper edges was a wonderful idea -this really looks like antique sheet music paper! Combining it with a Christmas tree with contemporary feel looks very inspired and fun! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!