Saturday 23 September 2017

Snowy night

Before I start, has anyone any tips for using old unmounted red rubber stamps in the Misti? They don't cling at all, so when I use them with acrylic blocks I stick them with Pritt and then wash both them and the blocks afterwards. Some of my oldest blocks (about 20 years plus) are getting a bit opaque and I think it's from years and years of Pritt and washing. I don't want to do anything to damage my Misti and yet I have several stamps, like the one I have used for the snow scene here, that would really benefit from the accurate placement and repeated stamping possible with the Misti. Is there any adhesive that I can use that I can be sure won't harm the stamp or the Misti plate?


Anyway, I stamped it once, although as you can see multiple stampings would have been good, and embossed it in opaque white, onto a stitched oval die cut. The sentiment is a magazine freebie stamp and the ribbon a scrap from my stash.

I'm sharing this with
The Holly and The Ivy - Anything Christmas Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Anything Goes/For a Male
Jingle Belles - Tic Tac Toe  - I've used the middle column, Snow, Card Stock and Blue


5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Jane! I use Pritt to stick the stamp to the Misti and make sure I clean thoroughly with a wet wipe or soapy water on a soft cloth. Doesn't seem to have harmed the Misti in any way, shape or form, Jo x

Sue - said...

Hi Jane love your card. I use a removable tape runner on mine, doesn't seem to harm it.

Cara said...

Gorgeous card, love the shades of blue. I've used a glue stick on the back of my rubber stamps. I also bought some "magnetic glue" from Claritystamp recently which is a repositional glue, probably for stencils really. So far it hasn't attacked the rubber of my stamp or the plastic of my misti, but I've not been using it for long.

lauren bergold said...

what an incredibly cool and minimalist stamp that is! absolutely perfect with that gorgeous ribbon as well! thanks for joining our tic tac toe fun again at JINGLE BELLES! :)

SmilynStef said...

What a great way to use that stamp ... awesome ribbon too ... so glad you joined our game of Tic-Tac-Toe at Jingle Belles.