Monday 7 May 2018

Challenged by Claire

My friend Claire, who blogs over at Ninja Killer Cat  loves photography - and also loves visiting stately homes, so often combines the two and creates a photographic record of her visits.

Knowing my love of dragonflies, she sent me this photo from a recent trip and challenged me to make something inspired by it.


Beautiful, isn't it?

Here is my interpretation of it.


To make it, I used an M'bossabilities folder to dry-emboss a sheet of purple card. I die cut the dragonfly using a Spellbinders layered dragonfly die set and stuck it to the card, then roughly covered the entire piece with Imagination Crafts Alchemy wax in gold. When it was dry I lightly sanded the background, to remove some of the wax from the raised areas, sanding more firmly towards the edges. To break up the expanse of gold, I added a die cut label and sentiment.

I am sharing this with
Inkspirational - Purple and Gold
Fab'n'Funky - Embossing, wet or dry
Make My Monday - Embossing, wet or dry  
Watercooler Wednesday - Anything Goes feminine

11 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

What beautiful inspiration and you've interpreted it beautifully. Love Dawn x

Mrs A. said...

Fabulous, looks like old wood panelling from a stately home. Hugs Mrs A.

Esther Asbury said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the rich textures and colors!

I'd like to invite you to link up to the Cropstop blog where it's always "Anything Goes" as long as you use a product or two from one of the companies they carry in the store. (You did!)
You can check out the current link party here: http://cropstop.blogspot.com/2018/05/may-link-party-39.html

Heidi Weaver said...

Wow, Jane, you've interpreted your friend's photo beautifully. I love the carved look you've achieved with your techniques. That wax and the sanding worked remarkably well. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Jane what an amazing interpretation of your friend's inspiration photo. Using the purple card stock for your embossed background and then topping it with the gold wax really brought that panel to life. I'm enchanted with dragonflies, and the magic they create, and yours is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing on the "Feminine Anything Goes" challenge this week at Watercooler Wednesday.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Jane, I'm new to your lovely blog and have enjoyed scrolling through it. Your interpretation of the piece your friend sent you is brilliant, lots of lovely texture and great colouring, beautifully designed, Kate x

sandie said...

wow this is such a luxurious card, so regal! The background is so creative and the wax really added even more texture. I like how you blended tha dragonfly into the background. You were really inspired by your friend's photo and did an amazing card. I love it and so perfect for our challenge at Ink, thanks for sharing x

Lady Joyful said...

Very pretty, and great texture on your card. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Shauna said...

Wow... that gold wax looks fantastic against the purple. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

Nandini said...

Very beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at the Make My Monday Challenges. All the very best! Nandini, DT

Kylie said...

Jane this is so beautiful and elegant. Love your use of the colours! Thanks so much for playing along at Inkspirational xx