Wednesday 16 May 2018

Pastel daisy

I've had my honeycomb stencil for a while now and always used it on bee-themed cards, but today I decided to play with it as a general background stencil.


I stencilled with pink and green Brilliance inks then stamped the daisy (from Just For Fun) and leaf (old unmounted stamps whose origins I've forgotten) onto vellum and heat embossed them with white opaque detail powder.

I coloured them from the back to keep the colours pale then fussy cut them and attached them with micro-dots behind the densest parts of the stamping. A stamped sentiment and some tiny pearlescent butterflies completed the summery design.

I am sharing this with
The Flower Challenge- Acetate/vellum

Just Us Girls - Stencils

Crafty Sentiments - Pastel Colours

8 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the colours you used.

Liz said...

Fabulous card, Jane, I love the embossed background. Your card would be perfect for the current Butterfly Challenge as you've used 6 of the 7 elements.

Jane Willis said...

I realised once I'd made it that it fitted the Butterfly challenge - but one of the others I've shared it with only allows a maximum of 3 combined challenges. I'm sure Mrs A won't mind as I've already made two cards for her special challenge

Liz said...

...and there's still plenty of time to make a third card for the Butterfly Challenge. ;-) xx

Macimbalo said...

Such pretty stenciling, love your card! Thanks so much for linking up this week at JUGS!

MagsB said...

Jane, this is such a pretty card, I love the soft colours. The honeycomb stencil is the perfect background to the gorgeous flower! Thanks for entering our Birthday Bloghop at CRAFT Challenge!

love Mags B x

Shona Chambers said...

Love this colour combo, its so pretty and creates such a gorgeous background with the stencil. Fantastic use of the vellum too and those little butterfly embellishments are so sweet. I'm so glad you shared this with us at The Flower Challenge!!

Rae Ann said...

The stenciled background is so soft and pretty. The vellum flower and leaves were a great idea! They keep with the soft look.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Pastel Colors challenge.