Sunday 2 June 2019

Beside the Seaside

When my subscriber issue of Creative Stamping popped through the letterbox yesterday, I just couldn't wait to start playing! The magazine will be in the shops on Thursday, and it contains two sets of stamps, a large sheet of beach and seaside themed stamps and a smaller set, created for the RSPB, of seabird stamps that work beautifully with the main set.


I used Versafine ink to stamp the lighthouse, flock of gulls and sentiment onto heavy duty watercolour paper, then coloured the scene with water soluble pencils and blended them with a wet brush. You can't really tell from the photo, but the sky is washed with white streaked with the merest hint of pale blue. Then I stamped the kittiwake and cormorant onto white card, using Memento ink, coloured them with Promarkers and fussy-cut them. I kept the cormorant paler than it would be in real life, in order to show off the lovely feather details of the stamp, but apart from that I coloured the birds to match those in the RSPB's Handbook of British Birds. I matted the scene with blue card onto my card blank and then attached the birds with 3-D adhesive.

I am sharing this with

Sweet Stampin - Oceans of Fun  

2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Challenge 27  

Crafty Calendar - Masculine  

4 comments:

Dawn Phillips said...

I love the lighthouse stamp but the addition of the birds is brilliant. Love Dawn x

Katrina Bufton said...

Beautiful card, love your fussy cut birds. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina

creationsnz said...

Super use of the stamping to make a lovely scene. We hope you join us again at 2CraftyCritterCrazies, CarolG

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamps great scene and love the added birds
Carol x