Sunday 2 June 2019

Butterfly and Dog Roses


Last year's Mothers Day flowers came wrapped in a beautiful butterfly figured cellophane - although here the butterflies have a silvery look, they are in fact the only clear part of the wrap, the rest being opaque white - the overall effect is a sort of burnout look. Naturally I saved the wrap and have used it on several cards and this is the last piece - I need some more flowers!

I covered the card with it, attaching with spray adhesive so it wouldn't show through. The topper is stamped with my trusty old butterfly and dog rose stamp, sorry I can't recall the brand right now. Penny Black, maybe? Only the butterfly and flowers are coloured, to make them stand out, using several shades of pink Promarker. I added a die cut flower and leaves, with a little ink dabbed on to the tips of the flower petals.

I am sharing this with

Allsorts Challenge - Black and White plus one 

Fab n Funky - recycling  

Little Red Wagon - Upcycle/Recycle

Country View Challenges - It's a Bug's Life  

11 comments:

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card love the design and colours

Mrs A. said...

I think I must have gotten the same flowers as I have kept the same cellophane wrap and used on cards too. I like the image you have used here. It could be a Woodward one but either way I love your colouring of it. Hugs Mrs A.

Dawn Phillips said...

Beautiful Jane. I love the flower and leaves on the side panel. It finishes it off really well. Love Dawn x

Linby said...

Perfect for our challenge - you followed the brief to the letter and what as stunning result. Well done on the upcycling too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts.
Lynn x
DT

brenda said...

Yes Jane, it is most definitely a Penny Black cling stamp 40-276 called Botanical Notes and I have to say it looks stunning with just the blooms and Butterfly coloured and what great recycling as well. Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts again this week.

B x

Brenda said...

What a beautiful card, this is definitely an UPCYCLE! I love the creative way you have used the flower wrap.r Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I absolutely love this card Jane and I have to say that it's one of the prettiest cards that I've ever seen. I really like the layout and the composition, and the way that you've just coloured part of the image. gorgeous colouring and the dies cuts tie in beautifully. It's stunning! x

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Beautiful card....great bit of recycling....Joolsx

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous card love the recycled wrap and beautiful stamp
Carol x

Monika Gulyas said...

Beautiful card and the colouring is fabulous too!!! The flowers and the butterfly really stand out!!! Thank you for joining the June challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Craftyfield said...

I'm always glad of a bit of recycling... well done for catching that beautiful and unusual wrap! I love the colouring of your focal image too, thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month!