Wednesday 19 June 2019

Butterfly and roses

You'll have seen this stamp set on here many, many times - it was a magazine freebie  some time ago - about 5 or 6 years I think: in fact I believe it has lasted a good deal longer than the magazine which closed down a few years back. Sometimes I find that magazine stamps aren't such good quality as bought ones  and they tend to go mushy or "melt" in places after a year or two. Given the price and the fact that they are usually high fashion themes that we lose interest in after a few months, that's not generally a problem but I am so, SO glad that these stamps have survived as I love Charles Rennie Mackintosh's designs  and ones inspired by his work.



I've used the stamps to create a gatefold card, using the colours suggested at the current Butterfly challenge of Gold, Granny Smith and Gunmetal (apologies, Mrs A, I couldn't really work gems or gingham into this particular card!)

I coloured the images with Promarkers, blending Sunflower and Lime to match the colour of the gold card, and used a fine liner to rule corners and partial frames on the panels.

I am sharing this with

The Butterfly challenge - spin the wheel with the letter G 

Addicted to Stamps and More - Anything Goes 

Retro Rubber - Anything Goes 

Sparkles Monthly Challenge - No Patterned Paper 

9 comments:

Craftychris said...

This is soooooo classy! A beautiful card. xxx

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Fantastic design! Amazing stamps, love the colours too. Thank you fo sharing your card with us at ATSM!

Crafting Queen said...

This is such an elegant card, love it!

Mrs A. said...

No apologies needed as I quite agree that this card stands on its merit and anything else added would distract from that gorgeous stamp.
Thank you for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Love the gate fold card technique and the images you used on the panels, they are beautiful.
The inside butterfly is also so very pretty, love the sentiment as well.
Thank you for playing along with us at RETRO RUBBER, hope you play again soon.
Hugs.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and stamps love the colour combination too
carol x

Dawn Phillips said...

How come I never seem to see such gorgeous stamps when I'm looking at magazines. I love the Macintosh roses. You've made a lovely card. Love Dawn x

Jan Clothier said...

Magazine freebies? No! They're far too amazing for that. I love the art nouveau, almost art deco, look of this card. The hand ruled lines are a perfect addition. Thank you for joining in with us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

LeAnne said...

This is just lovely...how lucky to have received this in a magazine! I love the fresh colors you used as well as the fun fold! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Retro Rubber!