Saturday 29 June 2019

Late to the Christmas party

Sorry, friends, I'm late for Rudolph Day this month - mind you I do have a good excuse!

We've just had a really lovely few days away in Dorset, you can read all about it (and see his wonderful photos) over on Mark's blog but just to whet your appetite, here's a picture of the view from our hotel bedroom window.


Anyway, I'm home now and crafting again, and once again I've been using some of the gorgeous products from the new Christmas ranges that Hunkydory sent me to review.  The products are now available on their site, along with lots of inspiration photos.

First of all I made a card using the Winter Warmers range.


I folded A4 white card into an A5 landscape orientation card and cut away all but the top 2cm of the front, and replaced it with a piece of figured acetate (it actually has a lovely sparkle that doesn't show in the photo) from my stash. I carefully cut the border from a sheet of poinsettia card and used it to cover the upper edge of the card, and trimmed the snowflake-patterned remaining part of the sheet to line the inside of the card, matting it onto gold mirri. A topper and sentiment from the poinsettia topper sheet complete the card.

I am sharing this with
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Snowflake or anything goes.
Rudolph Day at Scrappymo's

-o0o-

Next up, a card made using the  1st Little Square Book of Christmas



The outside is very simple - one page from the book matted onto deep burgundy card. Inside I've used the same burgundy card to create a pop-up insert. I cut the archway from four more sheets of the image and used 3-d adhesive to build up the layers. Then I cut out the Holy Family and the sky from one of the sheets and attached it to the pop up. I used the remaining images to make decoupage layers, removing a thin strip from the bottom of each so as not to prevent the card from folding at the hinge, and built up the layers with 3-d adhesive.
Finally I added a simple stamped sentiment layered with teal and cream.
Naturally because of all the decoupage, the card doesn't fold completely flat when closed but I love the combination of pop up and decoupage so much that it makes up for it!

I am sharing this card with

52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Pop up
Watercooler Wednesday - All about occasions 


-o0o-

Finally, the Wonderful Wintertime collection and I chose a Santa and reindeer image to make one of my favourite card folds, a double easel with diagonal card.





All that silver on the card is glitzy enough but I added extra sparkle with some gems.

I'm sharing this with

Jingle Belles - Snow Much Fun 
Christmas Kickstart - Glitter, Sparkle and Shine 
Just us Girls - Fancy Fold 

Disclaimer - the Christmas products were supplied by Hunkydory Crafts for me to review, all other products used and all card designs are my own.

16 comments:

Martina said...

It is a wonderful card. Silver paper is nice, it gives a festive character. They are inspiring cards.

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful cards, Jane. I think they'll be getting a favourable review judging by these. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge again, Jo x

Fabiola said...

De superbes cartes Jane, tes créations sont magnifique, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful projects, I slipped mine in to day for the Jingle belles and Rudolph days and Christmas Kickstart. so I was late to the Christmas party too, but fashionably late. lol.

Netta said...

they are so beautiful. really love that Santa one with the double easel. I have never tried one before. guess I will have to! good luck at 52CCT!

Anonymous said...

such elegant and beautiful christmas cards; my goodness, you've been busy! thank you so much for playing along with the Rudolph Days Challenge!
linda DT
Rudolph Days Challenge

Michelle W said...

Sensational Christmas cards Jane! Looks like you have had some beautiful weather too! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

crafty-stamper said...

Gorgeous selection of Christmas cards love the acetate and poinsettia border
carol x

SmilynStef said...

Wowza ... what a lovely collection of holiday gorgeousness ... thanks for having SNOW much fun with us at Jingle Belles.

scrappymo! said...

Your cards all look wonderful. The Rudolph entry is so pretty with the acetate added to the poinsettia topping and the pretty colours used here.

The second one is stunning with the decoupaged layers and your own unique fold used here.

The third one is such a beautiful fold that I had to read it over carefully to see if I could try something like this one day! So beautiful!!!

Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

Ina G said...

You have had me drooling over your beautiful creations here Jane. Then I saw your Fancy fold Santa card and the sheer perfection on how you made it blew me away. It must have taken an age to create. It really is a 'masterpiece' So glad you shared it with us at Just Us Girls this week. Thank you soooooooooo much!

lauren bergold said...

oh WOW! you have been BUSY! love all of these but of course i'm bound to say the fab and fancy santa one is my fave, right? so pleased you could have SNOW MUCH FUN with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--all incredibly wonderful cards! Beautiful sparkle on your entry for Christmas Kickstart! So glad you joined us--Greta, Guest Elf

flossbite said...

Wonderful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Hope to see you again!

Netta said...

beautiful beautiful cards! the images are gorgeous. good luck at 52CCT

Andreja said...

Beautiful cards :-)) Thanks for joining in at 52CCT this week.