Wednesday 7 August 2019

Sparking Joy?

Apparently Marie Kondo tells us that if we hold something and it doesn't spark joy, we should get rid of it, and I think that's what I ought to do with the pad I've used today.

It's a Colorbok pad, 12" square, that arrived randomly in the post about 20 years ago - no covering letter, no explanation of where it was from, nothing. The individual pages are lovely but the designs are HUGE. I suppose they are intended for scrapbooking but they would overwhelm any photos that they were used with, and you can see here that even a large 20cm square card isn't really big enough to do justice to the designs.

I decided to give the pad one final try, so how ironic that I used it to make a Joy Fold card!  But it still didn't spark any joy with me - in fact the papers were lying on the table, cut to size, for a week before I got around to actually assembling the card.




... and  on looking at the photos i can see one of the stickers (part of the pad) is coming unstuck, probably because the adhesive is 20 years old, so I'd better go and repair that.

I am sharing this with

Butterfly Challenge where I have chosen just the Joy Fold element

Alphabet Challenge - J for Joy or Joy Fold

4 comments:

Mrs A. said...

I see what you mean about the large design but you have picked and cut the papers to work perfectly on this card. I love the butterflies. Thankyou for coming and spinning the wheel with me and making a joy fold card. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue - said...

The card is lovely Jane but I know just what you mean about large designs . I have quite a few (well, a lot) of sheets with huge designs which I almost certainly will never use, but I can’t make myself put them in the bin! I think the waste not, want not upbringing is still there.

Evelyn said...

I got the same pad!! I think I remember there was a survey or something and this was a thank you. I still have a lot of this paper, too. Loved the colors - brown is my favorite. :)

Evelyn

Dawn Phillips said...

Well I think it's lovely, especially as a joy fold card. Love Dawn x