Monday 19 August 2019

Vintage tag

As a change from a Christmas card, today I've made a tag (well to tell the truth I've made a tag AND a card but I'm in a bit of a rush right now as I have a hot, steamy date with the iron so I'll share the card later).


I used a very old Crafty Individuals paper to cover the tag, and distressed and inked the edges. The crib scene is a little plywood embellishment from my stash - I love the fact that they've included Halley's Comet in the scene as  there is a lot of evidence to suggest that the extra bright sky seen in the sky around the probable date of the nativity was actually Halley's Comet.
The angel picture is an extra special embellishment, one of those things you hang on to for years because they seem too special to use. It's actually a miniature reproduction Victorian postcard and it's a complete, accurate reproduction right down to the address, stamp and written greeting on the back - I love it! It's one of the very last ones from a batch I got from Foil Play a few years ago.
I wanted to finish it with a brad but didn't have anything suitable so I punched a hole and threaded ribbon through as usual then used this metallic vintage shanked button, using Pinflair glue around the shank to embed it into the punched hole.

I am sharing this with

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - for a woman or girl/atg 
Jingle Belles - Tag you're it 

4 comments:

MagsB said...

An absolutely beautiful vintage tag, Jane! What a lovely Victorian image - and I think the button you used looks much better than a plain old brad! I, too, have a date with the iron today, it's the only kind of hot and steamy date I have these days!

love Mags B x

Mrs A. said...

Give me a Sauna any day!! The iron is off limits. Lovely vintage tag. Hugs Mrs A.

SmilynStef said...

love all of that wonderful texture and dimension ... so glad you played TAG with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

oh my goodness what a fabulous combination of elements on this beautiful tag! ♥♥♥ such a wonderful addition to our tag gallery this fortnight at JINGLE BELLES!