Monday 9 August 2021

Embossed stencilling again

 Oh, I do love this technique! 


I used the floral border stencil that came with a previous issue of Indigo Blu magazine and applied Ranger Texture Paste through the stencil. As soon as the stencil was removed, so the paste had no time to dry, I sprinkled it with embossing powder - a very old powder I was sent by an American friend, called "Sahara pearls", then heat embossed it. I really wish you could see and touch the card in real life  - the paste and powder together give it so much dimension, with an enamel-like shine, it's a really fab effect. 

With such a detailed border, I wanted to keep the sentiment as simple as possible so as not to draw attention away from it. so I kept to a very simple Hello. Perfect for any occasion - or just because.... 

I am sharing this with 

Perfectly CAS - embossing 

Little Red Wagon - Just Because 



9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, looks like an awesome technique.

JulieP said...

This is gorgeous Jane! I need to add this technique to my list. Thanks so much for playing along with us at the PCAS challenge blog this month!

Darnell said...

I can see why you love this technique, Jane. It's beautiful and CASlicious and I can imagine the wonderful texture and shine in person! Hugs, Darnell

Crafting Queen said...

Really elegant card. Love the embossing. Anesha

Kate said...

Your card is so elegant! The coloured embossing looks so lovely!

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Darlene said...

Oh Jane ... this is so, so pretty! GREAT job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Perfectly CAS challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
PERFECTLY CAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Brenda said...

I love this technique and the results you have achieved. This is the perfect "just because" card. Thanks so much for joining us at Little Red Wagon Challenge this week!

Julie B said...

Your embossed stencilling reminds me of embroidered table linen that my aunt used to make back in the mists of time, a really elegant result you achieved too. Thanks for sharing at P CAS. :)

BożenA said...

Perfect and beautiful CAS card. The essence of elegance, which further emphasizes its CAS character.
Thank you for sharing with us on Perfectly CAS.
BożenA DT PC