Wednesday 11 August 2021

Just because

Here is my fourth and final (for now) experiment with embossing something other than paper or card. This time I've used Fun Foam.


I bought a sheet of fun foam years ago, for making background block stamps with. However it was before I had a stamping platform, and a single impression didn't give a good enough result, so I abandoned it (maybe I need to try again, but I've just used my last scrap of foam). 

I thought that maybe the foam wouldn't hold the impression as it is so springy, so I decided to make sure the design showed up by inking the flat surface of the embossing folder. It's a good thing I did - a couple of hours after embossing, the surface of the foam was as flat as a pancake again but thanks to the ink, the lovely all over daisy pattern from this old magazine freebie folder still remained. 

I added a stamped image using another magazine freebie and coloured with Promarkers, then made up my card according to a layout I saw shared on Facebook a few days ago. 

I am sharing this with

Let's Squash It - Not Paper, Not Card

Allsorts Challenge - Anything goes/ Roses 


7 comments:

brenda said...

Sounds like you've been having fun experimenting Jane and it's a lovely finished project, thanks so much for sharing and joining in our current theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Liz said...

I've never thought of embossing fun foam, but the effect after inking the embossing folder is really effective. I have a pile of fun foam, so I might give this a go. xx

Dotty Jo said...

Ooooo, fun foam - I've got heaps of that! Another fabulous idea, Jane! Thanks for being such a brilliant guest, Jo x

Ellibelle said...

What a creative idea and even though it is now a flat surface it look really nice and a beautifully done card!
Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Aimeslee Winans said...

The disappearing act! Well, you managed to inspire me to actually emboss some vellum and enter the challenge, so good to know fun foam doesn't live to testify! lol At least the inking stayed behind! xoxo

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun look with that foam, Jane! I wonder if you'd inked it with Distress Paint if it still would've flattened? I'm going to try it one day... Anyway, thanks for the inspiration at Let's Squash It!!

ionabunny said...

Ah! Foam! I knew there was something I meant to try. Hmmmm, doesn't hold the emboss?? Great idea with the inking, so you keep the pattern at least. I wonder if heating the foam, embossing and leaving it t cool in the folder would work. An experiment fo anther day maybe LOL. This is a very pretty card. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! and for being out GDT this month. Hugz