Tuesday 10 August 2021

Rainbow Vellum

 As I mentioned in my previous post, I am guest designer at Let's Squash It, the embossing folder challenge - you've seen my GDT post, but I got a bit carried away with the theme of "Emboss anything BUT card or paper" so here is the first of my own entries to the challenge! 


This time I have embossed a piece of colour-gradient vellum. The embossing folder is a Darice one, one of the first folders I ever bought. With this coloured vellum, the embossing doesn't turn white as it does on ordinary white vellum, but oh my goodness it gives a crisply defined image! I made the most of this by fussy cutting the design to remove the background area, and the white background makes it really stand out. For contrast, I used black for the sentiment and butterfly, which was cut with a Hot Off The Press die.

I am sharing this at 

Let's Squash It - Not paper, Not Card... 

Cardz 4 Galz - Dies and Punches 

Alphabet Challenge - I is for Insects 

Colour Hues - Yellow and Pink 




15 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Beautiful embossing! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Karen said...

What a gorgeous embossing folder and the colored vellum is just perfect for the Yellow and Pink Challenge! Thanks for posting this wonderful card in our gallery at Color Hues!

Shell said...

Beautiful card love the colours too Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz Shell B x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy embossed vellum - love the colors, Jane! Looks great with the black butterfly too!!

meg said...

Hi Jane love the embossed vellum it's the perfect background for your butterfly,thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely bright card. Anesha

Nancy said...

I can't get over the definition you got with your embossing. Such a striking card! Thanks for joining us for our Pink and Yellow challenge. Take care!

Dawn Phillips said...

Wow, that turned out beautifully. I love the idea of using vellum. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4galz. Love Dawn x

Dawn Phillips said...

Me again. It's still beautiful. Thanks for joining my Alphabet Challenge theme. Love Dawn x

Dotty Jo said...

This is great, Jane! I'm going to try squashing some vellum today, Jo x

Cindy Beach said...

WOW! Love that detailed embossing! This is a fabulous design. Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

Hannelie said...

Jane this is beautiful! The butterfly looks amazing against the embossed florals!
Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Color Hues ♥

Aimeslee Winans said...

So pretty! xoxo

Angelnorth said...

That’s a lovely folder and it looks so effective with the colour gradient vellum! Love the strong contrast of the black butterfly too, fab card Jane!

ionabunny said...

Oooh, I love where you are being carried. This is so pretty. Love the rainbow vellum and a beautiful result with that lovely folder. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! and for being out GDT this month. Hugz